UI Team Wanted
So, would you like to start applying your skills toward ministry work at a startup company?
We have a small team right now of software architects, but we are missing a key ingredient to our team. The UI Designer and UX Developer are critical roles to ensure the web, desktop and mobile applications we build are intuitive and just work right.
We are in start-up mode right now, which simply means, we are working out of a “garage”. In fact we are working out of several garages with the team distributed across the US. So it doesn’t matter where you are, but we are looking for people that can see the vision of what we are building and want to begin working for His Kingdom. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a volunteer position. You are giving your time to launch a new company. We want to attract the best and most passionate people that want to join the company for the long haul that will be committed to the vision.
Below are the two positions we are working to fill. If you feel you can provide a minimum of 10 hours a week of your time, please send example of your work to email@example.com.
The UI Designer is responsible for creating the look and feel of our web and mobile applications. This includes visualizing how people move through the applications, transitions, icons and branding. This role requires the ability to study how people interact with our products and develop solutions for improving that experience with the other team members.
- Conceptualize the work flow of web and mobile applications.
- Designs intuitive interfaces based on principles of good design and usability.
- Creates models that demonstrate how the application looks, flows and interacts with the user.
- Conduct usability research and analysis.
- Partners with the Development team and UX Developer to solve user and design challenges.
- Drive the design of clean, efficient, useful application interfaces from conceptualization to implementation.
- Approve and review interaction design deliverables.
- Responsible for discovering and designing new user experiences, creating interactive design mockups, establishing and producing visual assets, and managing outside resources to support their projects.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in front-end, consumer web user interface design and user-centered design.
- A passion for simple, usable UI design is a must.
- Ability to rapidly iterate through prototypes.
- UI experience must include examples of your ability to conceptualize, design and Build fantastic user experiences.
- Completely comfortable in Photoshop and Illustrator.
UX Developer (Flex and Air)
The UX Developer is responsible for making our web and mobile applications come to life. They will be working on the UI team to create intuitive interfaces that are easy to understand and use. They’ll be always looking at new technology to improve the experience and ensure product goals are being met.
- Collaborate with the product development team to improve overall usability and interaction design patterns for our web products.
- Be an instrumental part of designing and implementing new features.
- Be a champion for the User Experience process to ensure that each piece of the web product provides the right functionality to the right end user.
- Utilize wireframes, mockups and simple prototypes to test and recommend improvements to web applications.
- Conduct internal tests to usability focus groups.
Skills and Experience
- Experience throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (agile, preferred) with an understanding of Product Development.
- Additional skills in Flex and Adobe Air, Graphic Design or Information Architecture are a big plus.
- A Human Factors or Computer Sciences degree is preferred.
- Ability to speak to the design process and work off of previously created wireframes and design comps (Photoshop files)
- Excellent design skills with a balance of clean, concise creative with personal style – what separates you from the crowd?